We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Strelitzia is a pretty plant of tropical origin, offering stunning flowering and dense foliage.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Strelitzia reginae
Family : Strelitziaceae
Type : Perennial
Height : 1 to 2 m
Exposure : Sunny, Partial shade
Ground : Ordinary
Foliage : Persistent -Flowering : May to September
Planting, repotting Strelitzia
Strelitzia fears frost and even temperatures below 2 ° and therefore cannot be grown in the ground than in regions with sufficiently mild winters.
It normally lives in warm regions offering a rather tropical climate and therefore should be grown in pots and returned in winter if it's not the case.
Strelitzia in the ground:
- a spring planting
- a place sunny
- a mix of potting soil and garden soil for planting in the garden
- rather humid, cool but well-drained soil
Strelitzia pot :
- he needs a good potting soil for flowering plants
- it will be better in a partially shaded situation to avoid too rapid drying out
- avoid drafts and favor a situation sheltered from the wind
- plan to repot every 2 to 3 years in a pot with a slightly larger diameter
In summer, when it is hot, it is important towater regularly strelitzia, especially when it is pot grown.
- Watering in the evening is preferable to limit evaporation
- Avoid wetting the foliage
- Reduce watering in winter, especially for potted subjects
If the Strelitzia is well established and his situation suits him, he only claims low maintenance.
No pruning is really necessary unless you want to balance the shrub.
- In this case, choose a light size
- Remove dry leaves as you go
Strelitzia in winter :
If it has been planted in the ground and outdoors, the climate in your area allows it and, in this case, there is not much to do except protect the plant if the temperatures were to drop
In pots and in regions with quite cold winters, it is right to enter the plant in a place where the temperatures remain mild.
- Place the plant in a bright room
- The room must not drop below 10 ° in winter
- Limit watering in winter
AT know about theStrelitzia
This very pretty perennial has an original yellow and red flowering in the shape of a long slender inflorescence.
Native to South Africa, it naturally prefers a rather warm climate and to be planted in the ground, otherwise, plant it in pots or in a container that you will return in winter.
It naturally lives by streams, which is why it needs some moisture in the soil to thrive.
To stimulate flowering, you can add organic fertilizer in the spring and repeat the operation once in summer.